Thursday, June 5, 2008

Welcome, now light your summer plans on fire

After another very strong Little League season (AAA this time, capped with an All-Star invitation) we decided to give travel baseball a try for the summer. If you had asked me in March to describe the options for a 9 year old to play travel baseball I would have been amazed that such an animal even existed. Now I am just starting to realize how huge an animal this really is.

We met with people we trust and went to several different organizations. Special thanks to Jason Corapci at Real Deal Baseball camps for his input. In the end we chose Irvine Blue Wave as our team of choice. I may go into greater detail later about the whole process, but I have too many things going on right now to lay it all out.

We are just now preparing for a busy schedule of tournaments encompassing both All Stars and travel ball. Our first travel ball tourney is scheduled for Father's Day weekend, the 14th and 15th of June. All Stars starts on the 21st of June. I am still unsure of what format the All Stars tournament will take, but expect it to mostly be a Saturday thing with a day or two of practice midweek.

My plan for now is to relate my experiences, solicit help, shout into the wind and brag when appropriate.

No comments: